Here is a post I've been meaning to do for a while so it's a bit long overdue. Jack has finally got his first wheelchair which almost feels like a real achievement in itself! This is a rather expensive piece of equipment (to put it lightly!!) which for a manual/push wheelchair seems a lot however it is very necessary. We managed to get it fully funded which I was really pleased about and the largest portion we were lucky enough to get from the John Maclean Foundation which was also in conjunction with the Robert & Jack Smorgon Family First Foundation. If you visit John's website, Jack is on there at the moment!! We had to attend a presentation to receive a great big novelty cheque which was a fun day.
We're now just waiting on our brand new VW Caddy Maxi to be converted and we'll be set to get around with the wheelchair because right now, it's very heavy and I/we have to lift it in and out of the back of our Subaru. Can't wait for that!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment