Well after the purchase of the wheelchair for Jack, it became very apparent that we had to get moving on the wheelchair car. The wheelchair is incredibly heavy and I have been pulling it apart and putting it in the back of our station wagon since June but it got to the point where I couldn't (and really shouldn't) be lifting it on my own which restricted me a lot, unless I asked perfect strangers to help me lift it in and out!! So we'd done some research and decided on a Volkswagen Caddy Maxi and agreed that we'd get Advance Disability Vehicles to do the conversion for us and they have done an awesome job. I even managed to get a manual car which I prefer and I just love it! I will have to take more photo's but here it is in the workshop when it's about half way done. Essentially the main bits are done in this photo and you can see the plate on the floor which is a docking station that the bottom of Jack's wheelchair actually locks into, to save me doing up the belts. I figured with my height, it was going to be a pain to have to bob down and sort out belts and I've decided the extra money was worth every cent!!
We've only had it back for a week but it has truly changed my world - makes transporting Jack so much easier and he likes it and so does Lucy! Huge thanks must go to my wonderful husband for working so hard in order for us to try and afford it - you've saved my back and my sanity honey!!


No comments:
Post a Comment