Saturday, July 4, 2009

The newest member of our family....Toffee!!





Well, we're thrilled to introduce you to our new baby.... the Toffee monster! She is a Tenterfield Terrier and very similar to the little dog that I had for 17 years, Titch, who was a mini foxie. This kind of came about out of the blue after chatting with Judy about them and next thing her friend Rebecca in SA has found a puppy for us! I couldn't think of a better time to do it considering life is relatively easy (ish!) at the moment, before we have to start worrying about things like kinder and major hip surgery so decided to take her. She is such a lovely little thing and adores the kids, even tries to get into their rooms when they're asleep. Loves chasing and playing with Lucy however the teething stage means there's a lot of biting and 'Mummy, put her in her cage!!' at the moment but we're getting there. I'm keen for Jack to explore a relationship with a dog and after only 3 weeks, I think Toffee is starting to realise she needs to behave with him and take it a bit easy, to the point where she seems to like laying over his neck but can't help but have a quick chew on his toes on the way past. I'm even hoping to explore the idea of encouraging her identify if he's ever having a seizure to alert me to it. Jack another seizure last Friday and she was with me while I was waiting with him and quite interested. It only ever seems to happen when he's asleep and he's had 5 in the space of 12 months so not sure if it is something she'll catch on to but would be great.
Anyway, whilst it's challenging to say the least to have a new puppy, we just love her and hope she'll be a part of the family for a long time to come!

1 comment:

  1. You have a lot going on. Great that you posted. Give Jack hugs for us and tell him his family in the U.S. is very proud of him for using his book! Tell Lucy her hair is getting so long and pretty. She has grown up! I just posted updated pics of the kids on our blog. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete