
Just had to get this on camera, Jack came into our bed after waking early and I left him with Toffee while I had a shower. Toffee loves going outside in the morning to do her business and then snuggling in bed. She laid across his tummy to sleep and then when I came out, moved across to lay between his arms. He loved it! You could never have imagined that this would have been the case a couple of months ago!
I'm also keen to encourage a close relationship between these two because I'm hoping Toffee might be able to alert me if Jack has a seizure. He's had 7 in the last 12 months and unfortunately they mostly happen when he's asleep which makes it difficult for us to know when it's happening (and a little scary too!). Nearly every time it's happened, I've discovered him by chance. My Dad (the dog man) tells me that apparently whilst there are some assistance dogs that can sense when an epileptic seizure is coming on, there's nothing trainers can do to teach them to sense this - it either happens or it doesn't. I'm not fussed about this so much but if I can encourage her to understand that a seizure is not a good thing, then hopefully I'll have a little helper on my hands!
No comments:
Post a Comment